Areas of Focus of the Education Commission
The Education Commission provides an "umbrella" for many PTA projects and activities. The Chair of the Book Fair or the Dropout Prevention program, the organizer of the Read-Athon or the Geography Bee can be your local connection to the Education Commission at Utah PTA.
Click on one of the focus areas below to find resources that might be just right for your school!
- Advocacy is how every parent can stand up for their own children or support education opportunities for all students.
- Reading and Literacy programs can help the students at your school make greater progress toward reading proficiency.
- "STEM" Education consists of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics subjects.
- Social Studies and other academic subjects can include financial literacy, character education, arts education, etc.
- Promoting Post-high school and vocational aspirations can be even more effective when you start early. We are collecting ideas for your College and Career Readiness programs!
Find resources for these areas of focus by clicking on the boxes above!