PUBLIC RELATIONS is Exploding into the Future
Every PTA unit on every level needs a Public Relations Vice president who works intimately with the President and the executive board. As technology and communications have changed, it is crucial that we use all the available sources at our fingertips to reach out and touch every family that we can with the PTA mission. Our mission is a strong foundation on which we can help and sustain families and strengthen the future of Education for every child. Public Relations should:
1. Let parents know how vital PTA is at their school in giving them a voice and a roll in the education of their child
2. Create a spirit of Parent Involvement at your school
3. Showcase your school
4. Get parents excited and involved in school events
5. Reach out to the community and better involve the community at your school
6. Invite the media to promote your school
7. Use all social media sources to communicate
8. Be a link with your school as an information highway into the home.
9. Create an atmosphere where every parent feels welcome and a part of the school community
We want to offer our Utah PTA Commercial with well known BYU Basketball star Jimmer Fredette to you to show at your school to promote the Three for Me Program with your parents. Jimmer was recently drafted into the NBA to play for the Sacramento Kings. If we can get every parent to commit to join PTA and to give just three hours a year to be in the school helping then we can make a huge impact in education that will ripple out and help every child. You can view and download the commercial on You Tube at:
or contact Kris Denison at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a video.