Family Life Programs
2. Take Your Family to School Week - PTA Take Your Family to School Week is just one of the PTA programs revitalizing parent involvement in education. PTA has worked to bring families and schools together since its founding on February 17, 1897. Each local unit should host an event during that week, because research shows that when parents and families are involved, students achieve and have more success in school. There are many resources available to help you run this program. Click on the link below to find FAQs, Event Ideas, Timeline & Planning for the event, and lots of downloadable posters, signs, and commitment cards. Many of these resources are in English and Spanish.
3. Military Family Month (November)
4. Month of the Military Child (April)
6. Parents Empowered Month (January)
7. Child Abuse Prevention Month (April)
8. Family Day: A day to eat dinner with your children - This is a national movement to inform parents that the parental engagement fostered during frequent family dinners is an effective tool to help keep America’s kids substance-free. Family Day reminds parents that Dinner Makes A Difference! and National PTA is a partner in this movement.
Complete information and downloadable resources to run this program are available at http://casafamilyday.org.